Achieving Growth Through Field Service Management Software
- Mobile app capabilities eliminate field workers’ need for multiple daily office visits
- Real-time sync between the field and the office reduces time spent on end-of-day data entry
- Customer portals allow customers to see into pricing and proof of service
- Lead-to-sale ratio improved
- Reputation for honesty and transparency increased
- Realized ability to grow without having to add additional staff
Critter Control Trades Paper for Efficiency and Growth
Critter Control’s process for delivering new work orders required field workers to make visits to the office at the beginning and end of each workday. New work orders that came in during the day needed to be called in, burdening workers with additional paperwork and office calls. Subsequently, paperwork processing at the office peaked at the end of the day and required extended hours. Field workers also lacked the capability to capture job photos and communicate finished job information to customers.
Through using GPS Insight Field Service Management (formerly ServiceBridge), Critter Control looked to improve upon three main areas:
- Transitioning off of paper and into automated systems that free up time for both office staff and technicians
- Streamlining field workers’ start-to-finish processes when at job sites
- Providing customers with complete documentation for their jobs
The experience for Critter Control’s staff, both in the office and in the field, was transformed by adding field service software. Technicians are now using the app to create and receive new estimates and work orders, capture before and after photos, collect customer signatures, and take payments upon job completion. A real-time synch from their mobile devices to the web-based application in the office eliminates the need for time consuming data entry at the end of each day.
According to Critter Control President Joe Felegi, “Our ability to grow has increased without having to add more staff. The application is working exactly the way we ever dreamed it would.”
The customer experience has also improved as a result of Critter Control’s use of the software. The platform’s customer portals build trust through transparency and make a strong professional impression.
“They have increased our lead-to-sale ratio, as we are now able to show the customer photographs of the damage we find during the inspection on their homes,” reported Critter Control of Houston.
“Customers better understand our pricing and requirements for the work to be completed. This has been and continues to be a great selling tool and is great for increasing our reputation as an honest and transparent company.”