What are the deadlines for FSMA compliance for fleet operators?
The effective date for carrier businesses with more than $27.5 million in annual revenue was April 6, 2017. The effective date for small carrier businesses (more than $500,000 but less than $27.5 million in annual revenue) is April 6, 2018. Carrier businesses with less than $500,000 in annual revenue are exempt.
Other exempt carriers:
- Transporters who hold valid permits and are inspected under the National Conference on Interstate Milk Shipments (NCIMS) Grade “A” Milk Safety Program when engaged in transportation operations involving Grade A milk and milk products
- Transporters of food that is transshipped through the United States to another country
- Transporters of food that is imported for future export and that is neither consumed or distributed in the United States
- Transporters of compressed food gases (e.g. carbon dioxide, nitrogen or oxygen authorized for use in food and beverage products), and food contact substances
- Transporters of human food by-products transported for use as animal food without further processing
- Transporters of food that is completely enclosed by a container except for food that requires temperature control for safety
- Transportation of live food animals, except molluscan shellfish
How GPS Insight can help
GPS Insight uses temperature sensors that are installed into the trailer to give you real-time temperature data along each route of each load that is transported. These sensors are connected to trailer tracking devices, which will give you the ability to monitor your trailer utilization as well. Our software will also allow you to receive real-time alerts on temperature whether it falls below or rises above a certain temperature threshold that you select. We give you quality control tool needed for the goods you are transporting.