Go Green with GPS Insight
There are numerous benefits to GPS tracking besides the immediate fuel savings and the ability to monitor your vehicles.
GPS Insight will assist you with a Green initiative. Here is how:
- Limit Speeding and Idling
- Increase Route Efficiency
- Eliminate Unauthorized Usage
- Schedule Maintenance Reminders
When your fleet uses less fuel from reduced speeding, idling, and inefficient driving, you decrease the amount of GHG (greenhouse gas) that is let into the atmosphere. Emissions can also be decreased when your vehicles are running cleaner. Use the GPS Insight maintenance reminders to schedule regular oil changes, air-filter changes, spark plug replacements, tire rotations, and any other preventative maintenance. This could potentially increase your fleet’s MPG by as much as 25%.
GPS Insight has:
- Saved our customers about $25 million in total fuel savings
- Saved our customers about 7 million gallons of fuel
- Reduced customer GHG emissions by 24 thousand tons
According to the Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies Calculator:
- Equivalent to Saving 137,000 barrels of oil consumed
- Saved an equivalent to the electricity use of 8,128 homes for a year
- Carbon sequestered annually by 48,421 acres of US forests
- Greenhouse gas emissions avoided by recycling 22,125 tons of waste instead of sending it to a landfill
In the U.S., about 20% of all GHG emissions come from cars, trucks, and SUVs, contributing to climate change, air pollution, and disease. If you are truly trying to lighten your environmental footprint, the first thing to do is ensure your drivers are educated and understand how important it is to drive more efficiently. GPS Insight will provide quantifiable evidence of your GHG emissions so that you can monitor your month-to-month reductions.