GPS Insight is Your Trusted Electrical & Utilities Partner for GPS Tracking.
GPS Insight allows electric and utility companies to track resources and service teams, giving you the ability to deploy resources in the most efficient and effective means possible.
Integration with GIS, Mapping, Outage Management Systems, & More
GPS Insight integrates with software systems used by electrical companies to enhance the efficiency of your day-to-day operations.
- NISC - We feed location-based data into NISC’s iVUE software, allowing you to realize benefits including increased safety, shorter response times and work order scheduling and tracking. View partnership Press Release and Video
- Partner Software - We integrate vehicle data into Partner Software's Map Viewer. View partnership Press Release
- ESRI - Pull your ESRI .shp files into our mapping product. We also provide you with a SOAP or REST API to pull vehicle locations into your ESRI platform.
- Garmin - Instantly send your drivers their next stop or their route for the day to a dashboard-mounted Garmin personal navigation device. You can also send your driver messages (either free form or "auto" e.g. Yes, No, OK).
Deploy Resources More Efficiently
- GPS Insight provides real-time workforce visibility, ensuring the efficiency of your crews.
- Make dispatch decisions quickly and accurately, ensuring the right crew is sent to each job.
- Identify the most efficient routes and dispatch your fleet accordingly.
Improve Customer Service and Member Satisfaction
- During an outage, dispatch can instantly determine the closest vehicle to a particular location
- Send directions to the driver via email, SMS text message, or to a Garmin Navigation device.
- If a customer wants to know when a technician will arrive, you can easily check your real-time maps and give an accurate answer.
- Detailed vehicle history allows you to verify technician visits to a particular location.
Reduce Fuel Costs by Monitoring Driver Behavior
- Significantly reduce your monthly fuel costs by eliminating excess idling and speeding.
- Reduce risk by identifying unauthorized vehicle usage.
- Proactively assign the shortest/fastest route to an outage location.
- Analyze historical routes to determine unnecessary trips; coach drivers to become more efficient.
- Generate fuel card reports to flag non-fuel or fraudulent fuel purchases.
- GPS Insight’s web-based solution can be accessed from any device with internet access.
- You can also view your fleet's status from any mobile device, using our mobile browser or iPhone/Android app.
"We have had GPS Insight for over four years now, and it works great. In our System Control center, we use it to monitor our transmission crews. In the event of a system emergency, we can dispatch our crew that is the closest to the problem, and in a medical emergency, we can get coordinates and/or directions for emergency personnel to get to them. We really like the way it incorporates with Google Earth. Our transmission system (lines, subs, towers) shows up on Google Earth, via a file with all of our coordinates. Their customer support is very good - you actually talk to a person. Overall we are very pleased with the system and with GPS Insight's sales and service."
- A major Electric Generation & Transmission Cooperative
"I'm working on integrating our trucks' GPS data with our MapView program. GPS Insight provides some interfaces to grab online GPS positions of our trucks via web services, but I found another type of interface that will be more convenient for me. I asked them if it's possible to create a new one for us. A few hours later, I received an email saying that the new interface will available in 30-45 minutes. They created those services for us just that quickly. I'm very impressed with their response - this probably is the quickest and most honest response from a vendor I have ever had. They just make my day, after frustrating conversations with some other companies."
- Vermont Electric Coop